photo aboutblog_zpsf325d90e.gif  photo ourworkblog_zpsaaad9966.gif  photo pressblog_zps3b59ff6e.gif  photo pressblog_zps3b59ff6e.gif  photo contactblog_zps0ec73d88.gif

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Colorado Wildflowers

by Jenny


This last weekend I made it out to Denver to visit my parents for a quick weekend trip.  Saturday morning they picked me up from the airport and we headed straight for the mountains.  There isn't much prettier on a sunny day in May than the mountains after a spring of rain.  As usual, both my dad & I took lots of pictures.  This time, though, we were on the lookout for wildflowers.  Here are the ones we found along the path by Loveland pass, along the sidewalk in Breckenridge and along I-70 & hwy 6 going through the mountains back and forth to Denver.  I am not an expert and have tried looking them all up to find their names.  I found a few of them, but if any of you know the names of the other ones, help me out.  I couldn't find names for all of them.   They are truly the icing on the cake when it comes to the beauty of the mountain trails.
columbine 

rock groundsel
boulder raspberry flower

hollygrape plant (leaves look like holly leaves)

???  these look like wild chives to me ???

these white flower were so tiny I almost missed them altogether
anyone know what these are called? 





No comments:

Post a Comment